By making flavored tobacco products attractive to young people - they get hooked at an early age, and it is very hard to quite! Oral cancer is a very real concern
Flavored tobacco products provide an easy pathway to possible lifelong addiction for our kids to tobacco use
Karen AveryWest Dover
People are unaware that the effects are the same as smoking or chewing tobacco
The safety of my lungs
Tobacco can damage your lungs, and overtime make it hard to breathe
Because it causes seizures
People should never consider vapors as a healthy alternative to smoking. 20 yrs from now we may find them more harmful than actual cigarettes
It is very bad for you, highly addictive and may lead to smoking
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
LOCATE YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY PARTNERS
Together with your local community partner, you can:
- Raise awareness by talking with members of your community about how you can protect Vermont's youth from the dangers of tobacco products.
- Help pass a local resolution expressing concern about tobacco products being marketed to youth.
- Educate community leaders about options to decrease exposure to tobacco products and advertising—like content-neutral signage requirements or safety zones around schools and parks.
ARE YOU A RETAILER?
Your store can help protect Vermont's youth from tobacco. Here are a few options to consider:
- Take down exterior-facing tobacco ads such as sandwich boards or ads in windows
- Choose to not advertise tobacco products by not displaying any ads inside or outside of your store
- Take a step further and keep all tobacco products out of sight (under the counter or in a cabinet)
- Volunteer to stop selling flavored tobacco products
- Volunteer to stop selling all tobacco products
See What Other Vermont Retailers Are Doing to take a stand against the tobacco industry’s influence.Get The Facts