Feeling motivated and ready to help protect Vermont’s youth from the tobacco industry’s influence? Here are a few ways you can take a stand against flavored tobacco, a marketing tactic used to target and addict children to tobacco.
1. FIND YOUR LOCAL COALITION TO LEARN MORE AND GET INVOLVED.
Locate your local coalition to get started.
Together with your local coalition, you can:
- Raise awareness by talking with members of your community about the dangers of flavored tobacco products
- Help pass a local resolution expressing concern about flavored tobacco products
- Educate community leaders about options to decrease exposure to flavored tobacco products and advertising — like content neutral signage requirements or safety zones around schools and parks
2. HELP SOUND THE ALARM
Sharing this important information with your own social network is a simple way to help spread
word about how flavored tobacco targets Vermont’s youth.
A couple clicks on our Spread the Word page is all it takes.
3. ARE YOU A RETAILER?
Your store can be a force for good in your community by decreasing tobacco's influence on Vermont's youth.
As a retailer, you can take steps to protect Vermont’s youth from tobacco. Here are a few options to consider:
- Take down exterior-facing tobacco ads such as sandwich boards or ads in windows
- Choose to not advertise tobacco products by not displaying any ads inside or outside of your store
- Take a step further and keep all tobacco products out of sight (under the counter or in a cabinet)
- Volunteer to stop selling flavored tobacco products
- Volunteer to stop selling all tobacco products
See what other Vermont retailers are doing to take a stand against the tobacco industry's influence.